Festus Adebayo to Pioneer First Housing TV Station in Africa

2 Min Read

By Esther Alexander

Nigeria’s leading affordable housing advocate, Festus Adebayo has announced the establishment of the first Housing TV station in Africa.

According to a statement released by Adebayo in Abuja on Friday, he noted that the purpose of establishing the Housing TV on StarTimes Channel 149 is basically to bring awareness campaigns down to various homes in Africa.

He further stated that the TV channel will be extended to DSTV before the end of the year, adding that the new TV channel will teach the airwaves from January 1st, 2024, and would be launched by the Honourable Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Arc. Ahmed Musa Dangiwa.

For Adebayo, the TV station will capture not less than 65% of housing-related content, leaving the remaining 35% to content around educative, politics, sports, religion, and entertainment, among others.

He therefore calls on all Nigerians, and Africa as a whole to be on the lookout for this new innovation set to promote and create more consciousness among African leaders on the news to provide housing for their citizens.

AHA 2023
AHA 2023

“Though there is no paywall for access to the unique contents, the innovation is a deliberate attempt to bring consumers and stakeholders up to date with happenings in the housing and construction industry in the most recurrent and interactive manner.

ALSO READ: We are committed to providing laws that will support affordable housing delivery- Tambuwal

“The platform will enable consumers of news and consumers of the housing industry to enjoy and contribute to what journalists do and for journalists to use their professional skills in producing relevant media content for the people.

“This innovation will also provide more quality broadcast and media content for everyone about the housing sector and the built environment at large,” he added.

Share this Article
Leave a comment